Air Force Casualty Services
The death of an active-duty Airman may be reported by calling 800-433-0048.
DEATH OF RETIREE:
If you are a surviving family member of a retired Air Force member residing in the United States, you can receive personal assistance in applying for eligible benefits on their behalf by contacting:
Please have the following information available when making notification:
- The Air Force Casualty Assistance Representative locator toll-free at 877-353-6807. Voice mail is available after duty hours. Family members leaving a message will be called back the next duty day
- The nearest Air Force base military personnel section customer service
- The Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Cleveland toll-free at 800-321-1080
- The nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for overseas families.
Information may also be sent to AFPC Casualty Matters Division, 550 C Street West, Suite 14, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, TX, 78150-4716. Enclose a copy of the information listed above.
- Retiree's full name, grade, Social Security number and date of retirement
- Date and place (city and state) of death
- Cause of death
- Name, relationship, phone number and address of next of kin
- For general officers, date and place of funeral, if known.
AIR FORCE CASUALTY MISSION:
The branch provides guidance to commanders, casualty assistance representatives, family liaison officers and many other support agencies to ensure members and their families are taken care of as expeditiously as possible in a family emergency.
If you have a relative or friend serving on active duty in the Air Force, who you believe may be a casualty and are requesting additional information or assistance please contact casualty services. Upon verification of your identity and relationship to the Air Force member, casualty services technicians will provide you with further information or direct you to who may help you obtain information.
(Updated as of 1 March 2014)