Kimberly K. Toney, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Executive Director, Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio – Randolph, Texas. AFPC ensures commanders around the world have the right number of skilled Air Force personnel to conduct the mission. The center executes programs covering the entire life cycle of military and civilian personnel for the Air Force, from accession through retirement, including readiness, growth, development and deployment. AFPC’s diverse workforce, with five subordinate units, has approximately 2,500 Air Force military, civilian and contractor personnel responsible for worldwide operations for 1.7 million total force Airmen, retirees and family members.
Ms. Toney received her commission in 1985 as an Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps distinguished graduate from Louisiana Tech University. She commanded at squadron, group and wing levels, including the 501st Combat Support Wing at Royal Air Force Alconbury, England. Ms. Toney also held staff positions at Headquarters Air Force Recruiting Service, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Headquarters Air Force, and United States Southern Command in Miami, Florida. Upon retiring from active duty as a colonel, she was appointed to the Senior Executive Service.
Prior to her current position, Ms. Toney was the Director of Personnel Operations at AFPC, where she was responsible for effective and efficient delivery of A1 Human Resource Management programs impacting 69,000 officers, 260,000 enlisted, and 180,000 Air Force Civil Service members across the Air Force with the least expenditure of resources and best possible customer service.
1985 Bachelor of Science, General Studies, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, La.
1990 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Master of Science, Human Resource Management and Management, Webster University
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2005 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Seminar XXI Program
2007 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2009 Senior Leaders Executive Course, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2018 Advanced Senior Leader Development Seminar, Warrenton, Va.
1. September 1985 – June 1986, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. June 1986 – August 1988, Operations Officer, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Charleston AFB, S.C.
3. August 1988 – March 1991, Chief, MWR and Services Division, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
4. March 1991 – April 1992, Chief, MWR, Thule Air Base, Greenland
5. April 1992 – January 1994, Chief, MWR and Services officer assignments, Air Force Military Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. January 1994 – August 1994, Chief, services officer assignments, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. August 1994 – January 1996, Recorder, Selection Board Secretariat, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. January 1996 – June 1997, Commander, 36th Services Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
9. June 1997 – June 1998, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 1998 – March 1999, Chief, Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force Services, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. March 1999 – January 2001, Commander, 48th Services Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, United Kingdom
12. January 2001 – July 2002, Executive Officer for the Deputy Chief of Staff, Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
13. July 2002 – June 2003, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2003 – June 2005, Deputy Director, General Officer Matters, Air Force Senior Leader Management Office, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2005 – June 2007, Commander, 31st Mission Support Group, Aviano AB, Italy
16. June 2007 – May 2009, Commander, 501st Combat Support Wing, Royal Air Force Alconbury, United Kingdom
17. June 2009 – June 2011, Director, Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
18. June 2011 – June 2012, Vice Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
19. July 2012 – July 2015, Director, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
20. August 2015 – October 2016, Director of Personnel Operations, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
21. October 2016 – Present, Executive Director, Air Force's Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
(Current as of November 2018)