To link families of fallen Airmen and Guardians to their Air and Space Force Family promoting Survivor resilience, thereby fostering well-being and connectedness.
Remembering, Honoring, Connecting… Always a part of the Air and Space Force Family.
AFFF Program Overview
Air Force Families Forever (AFFF) facilitates long-term case management procedures and provides support for surviving family members of deceased Regular Air Force, U.S. Space Force, and Reserve Component Airmen who died in an Active Duty, Inactive Duty for Training (IDT), or Annual Training (AT) status and whose relationship was established prior to the Airman or Guardian’s death. Support is provided to eligible Next-of-Kin (NOK) through Military & Family Readiness Centers (M&FRCs) at installations closest to where the survivor resides.
Next of Kin (NOK): widow or widower (remarried or not), each parent (mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, mother through adoption, father through adoption, foster parents who stood in loco parentis), each child (natural, step-children, adopted), and each sibling (brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, step-sibling) of an Airman or Guardian.
Each active-duty installation’s M&FRC is the point-of-contact for NOK to receive long term support, including:
Information and Referral
- Engagement through targeted contact and incremental outreach
- Referral to eligible federal, state, and local resources to include partnering non-governmental organizations
Remembrance and Connection
- Connection to installation and community support networks
- Recognition/memorialization of deceased Airmen/Guardians
- Coordination with installation leadership to include family members in the Department of the Air Force culture
Installation Access (Find your local Installation)
- Sponsorship for NOK through the Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) process
- Introduction to installation approved Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) activities
- Commanders are encouraged to include surviving Air and Space Force family members in installation activities such as: air shows, spouse luncheons, VIP visits and holiday activities
LOCATE A MILITARY AND FAMILY READINESS CENTER
Find Your Nearest Military and Family readiness Center and Air Force Families Forever program by filtering by service and searching your state.