HomeHomeAirman and FamilyEmployment Resources


To support service members, recovering service members (RSMs), military spouses and dependents, retired members, and Department of Defense (DoD) civilians with achieving short and long-term employment, education/training, and career goals.


Installation Airman & Family Readiness Centers (A&FRC) support military, civilians, and family members in achieving short and long-term employment, by referring for education/training, and obtaining career goals in the private and public sectors. The A&FRC provides comprehensive services to ensure the Total Force is equipped with adequate knowledge and assistance to aid in their job search.  Services include:

  • Classes and individual consultation on career planning and personal development, resume writing, interviewing skills and all other phases of the job search process
  • Resource centers offer guided access to computers, laser printers, internet information on careers, jobs, and the development of job search skills, as well as local and long distance job listings in both the public and private sectors
  • Individual career counseling and planning as well as career assessments and interpretation are available by appointment at A&FRCs


To help military spouses reach their education and career goals the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of their career progression. For more information about SECO, click here.
In addition, installation A&FRCs provide spouses face-to-face assistance and advice on career readiness, employment opportunities, education and scholarship opportunities, and job search strategies.



Reimbursement for Re-licensure/Recertification:

Multiple PCSes throughout Airmen’s careers can make it difficult for their spouses to establish and maintain employment and careers. While some states authorize reciprocity for certain types of occupational licenses, not all states do; this requires the spouse to update a license or certification according to the new state’s requirements.
When an Airman moves from a duty station in one state to another state, if his/her spouse’s qualifying occupational state license has to be updated, the Air Force will reimburse the cost of relicensing fees up to $500. Click the button below for more information.


Retirees seeking any civil employment with a foreign government agency -- or any instrumentality of that foreign government agency – must apply for permission ahead of time or risk losing military retirement pay. Prospective employees should be aware of the rules regarding foreign government employment, whether or not compensation is received. Air Force Instruction 36-2913, Request for Approval of Foreign Government Employment of Air Force Members, outlines the rules and necessary paperwork, as well as application instructions.

For application guidance and instructions, click here.


The A&FRC’s collaborate with other base agencies for the purpose of referring Airmen, spouses, and other family members for volunteer opportunities. Volunteers may be nominated for the Air Force Volunteer Excellence Award (VEA) that recognizes their volunteer contributions in the community. For further information on VEA and/or volunteer opportunities, please go to your local A&FRC. 


Service members and their families may obtain Employment Assistance at their closest Airman and Family Readiness Center or Military and Family Readiness Center. To locate your nearest installation, click here.

In the event a center is not located near the member, assistance is available through Military OneSource at the following:   

Phone: 800-342-9647, International: 800-342-9647 or 703-253-7599

URL: https://www.militaryonesource.mil/