HomeSupportFrequently Asked Questions


We recommend that you first talk to your leadership/chain of command. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact the Total Force Service Center at (800) 525-0102, (210) 565-0102 or DSN 665-0102 for assistance. You'll need to follow the prompts to get to the appropriate personnel specialist for your category (Active, Separated, Retired, etc). 

A TFSC agent is available to take your questions (with the exception of New Year’s, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas). While the agent may not be able to resolve your case immediately, he or she will be able to create a case and pass it to the appropriate expert for resolution.


Many developmental programs, such as commissioning programs, require taking the Air Force Officers Qualification Test (AFOQT). For information, to include test preparation and location go to the Pilot Candidate Selection Method webpage. The AFOQT study prep course is on the left-hand side of the page near the bottom labeled "AFOQT Prep Materials." Click on it and it will bring you to another page with a link in the middle that says “AFOQT Form T Prep Materials.” Click on that and it will bring you to a page with several links. The first one is the Info Pamphlet with the overview of the AFOQT and the second one is the prep course. 



Dept. of Defense policy requires that third-party requestors work through the civilian employee/former civilian employee for employment verification. 

Please tell the employee concerned that in order to provide their employment and/or salary information to an organization (business, bank, credit union) or person, login to mybiz on the DCPDS portal at, go to “Employment verification,” and submit a request for the system to email the information directly to the requestor via a password-protected .PDF document


Please contact the Total Force Service Center at (210) 565-0102 (DSN 665-0102) for assistance. You'll need to follow the prompts to get to the appropriate personnel specialist for your category (Active, Separated, Retired, etc). 


The Personnel Center does not keep vital documents of family members. We recommend you contact the State Department and ask for a replacement certificate. You can find more information about that process at


To apply for CRSC, applicants should review the eligibility requirements. Once eligibility is determined, the applicant should gather the following documentation: 
  • Copies of their DD Form 214 or 215 (Be sure to keep to retain a copy)
  • Retirement Orders
  • Copies of all VA Rating Decisions for claimed disabilities
  • In service medical records for claimed disabilities from the time of the injury or diagnosis of conditions
  • Any other pertinent supporting documents such as accident reports, incident reports, etc.
Applicants must complete an application for CRSC using DD Form 2860, Application for Combat-Related Special Compensation.
Once complete, the applicant should send their packet to the Air Force Personnel Center. This can be done via mail, email or fax. Applicants can email their documentation to, fax their documentation to 210-652-6311 or mail their package to:
CRSC Program Office
550 C Street West
Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, TX 78150-4708


The AFPC data analysis office is chartered to provide analyses/data reports to senior Air Force leadership and due to mission taskings and manpower constraints, is unable to support academic data requests. We recommend that Air Force students seeking for Air Force personnel demographic information contact their servicing personnel office. 

Alternatively, the Interactive Demographic Analysis System and Air Force Static Demographics pages may be accessed by authorized personnel via the Retrieval Applications Web found on the AFPC Secure platform (

Media and the public may submit a request for the data, if it exists, under the Freedom of Information Act (


Please go to to access the MSgt William T. English BMT Flight Photograph Archives, a concentrated effort to collect the approximately 119,000 USAF basic training photographs from the inception of the US Air Force in 1947 to the present.


Thank you for your email to the Office of Public Affairs at the Air Force’s Personnel Center. For information on attending graduation please go to

Air Force Discharge Review Board (AFDRB)

To request to have your discharge reviewed, complete, sign, and submit a DD Form 293.

Further information and submission instructions can be accessed on the AF DRB website:


The Assignment Management System has a number of tools to help you find the authorized manning at specific locations. Simply look under the “Enlisted Authorized” tab under Enlisted Assignments in AMS. 

The Enlisted Quarterly Assignments Listing (EQUAL)-Plus listings are updated on a weekly basis and are arranged by grade and Air Force Specialty Code. EQUAL-Plus was designed to supplement the EQUAL by advertising special assignments (i.e., joint and departmental service requirements, special duties and all chief master sergeant assignments). EQUAL-Plus displays upcoming requirements, any special qualifications a person needs to be eligible for selection, the available locations, reporting instructions, and points of contact for additional information.


The Total Human Resource Managers Information System, or THRIMS, was shut down on June 30, 2015, due an aging infrastructure and replaced by STARS, Statistical Analysis and Retrievals. THRIMS received manning information on a quarterly and monthly basis which often made its data out-of-date when applying for programs such as Base of Preference for Career Airmen, which is reviewed quarterly. The current tool available for Airmen is the Enlisted Authorized application on the Assignment Management System, or AMS as STARS is only available to senior leaders and their staffs at the Pentagon, MAJCOMs and the Air Force's Personnel Center due to funding restrictions. AMS may be accessed by going to ->Access AFPC Secure->AMS->Enlisted Authorized. Airmen can enter their AFSC and skill level to determine if a desired base has an authorization. Communicating with your MAJCOM functional manager, your assignment team and, for first-Term Airmen, your base career assistance advisor, continues to be the most effective way in gathering information before making an assignment decision. If you have specific questions, you may always contact the Total Force Service Center at (800) 525-0102.  

1. Why was THRIMS shut down? 
Update (14 Mar 2016): THRMIS (Total Human Resource Managers Information System) was shutdown on 30 June 2015 due an aging infrastructure and the understanding that its replacement system, STARS [AFPC/DSY], was going to totally subsume all of its functions. On 1 July 2015, AFPC/DSYD made a determination to decline providing A1COP reports as a service to the AF Portal. This has led AF/A1PF to conduct a search for alternatives which is ongoing at this time. In the interim, Airmen are advised to contact their local Force Support Squadron for personnel data and information needs.
2. Why was THRIMS not the most accurate way to determine availability for PCS?  
THRIMS was designed for career-field managers and digested quarterly manpower (demand) and monthly personnel (supply) files to create statistical abstracts and tables to provide a snapshot of manning for the given time of the report. Due to the periodicity of the reports they would often provide information which was time-late 
3. What is STARS? 
UPDATE - 15 Mar 2016: The Statistical Analysis & Retrievals System (STARS) is currently available. STARS provides a web-based tool, using commercial-off-the-shelf software to provide specialized personnel reports to senior leaders and their staffs at the Pentagon, MAJCOM and Air Force Personnel Center.  Funding precludes the system from supporting any base level personnel reports.
4. What about the career assistant advisor role in BOP?  
The career assistant advisor is a counselor for first-term airmen to keep them informed on career planning and options. 

  The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Air Force or Department of Defense.