Chief Master Sgt. Kenneth L. Lindsey is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. As the command chief, he advises the personnel center's commanding general officer and executive director on the effective utilization of a diverse workforce of 2,500 Air Force military, civilian and contractor personnel responsible for worldwide operations for nearly 2 million total force Airmen, retirees and family members. AFPC executes programs covering the entire life cycle of military and civilian personnel for the Air Force, from accession through retirement, including readiness, growth, development and deployment.
Chief Lindsey is from New Orleans, Louisiana, and entered the Air Force in September 1988. His background includes diverse duties within the Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) career field serving from Team to Corps levels, including assignments with the 82nd Airborne Division, 3rd Special Forces Group and the 75th Ranger Regiment. He has earned Master Parachutist, Military Freefall Jumpmaster, and Air Assault wings, the Pathfinder badge and the U.S. Army Ranger tab. He has deployed in support of Operations DESERT SHIELD and STORM, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, and NEW DAWN. Chief Lindsey is a certified Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), JTAC-Instructor, and Standardization and Evaluation Examiner.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, United States Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.
1992 Airman Leadership School, Pope AFB, N.C.
2001 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Warner-Robins AFB, Ga.
2005 Associate in Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy, U.S. Coast Guard Training Center, Petaluma, Calif.
2009 Chief Master Sergeant’s Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management, with Honors, American Military University, Manassas, Va.
2012 USAF Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2012 USAF Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2014 Air Force Smart Operations (AFSO) 21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2014 Master of Science in Operations Management, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
2015 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1988 – November 1988, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1988 – February 1989, Student, Tactical Air Command and Control Specialist, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. February 1989 – March 1989, Student, US Army Airborne School, Ft. Benning, Ga.
4. April 1989 – November 1994, Tactical Air Command and Control Specialist, Detachment 1, 507th Tactical Air Control Wing, Ft. Bragg, N.C.
5. November 1994 – January 1997, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, 22nd Air Support Operations Flight, 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) TACP, Ft. Bragg, N.C.
6. January 1997 – January 1998, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, 607th Air Support Operations Squadron, 2nd Brigade, 72nd Armor Battalion TACP, Camp Casey Army Installation, Republic of Korea
7. January 1998 – January 2002, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, 17th Air Support Operations Squadron (ASOS), 3rd Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Ft. Benning, Ga.
8. January 2002 – June 2006, Operations Superintendent, 25th ASOS, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii
9. July 2006 – August 2009, Superintendent, 682nd ASOS, Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. August 2009 – January 2012, Superintendent, 14th ASOS, Pope Field, N.C.
11. January 2012 – August 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
12. August 2013 – May 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
13. July 2014 – October 2016, Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
14. October 2016 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with V-device and two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
1992 Military Citizenship Award, Airman Leadership School
1994 Honor Graduate, 82nd Airborne Division Pre-Ranger Course
2001 Distinguished Graduate, US Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2002 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, 15th Air Base Wing, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2004 15th Operations Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2005 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2007 Honor Graduate, “Spirit of the Chief Award”, U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2009
(Current as of January 2018)