Article Search

RSS Feed


Benefits claim process for voluntary separatees

  • Published
Records for all Airmen separated or retired under the fiscal year 2014 Voluntary Separation Pay program were updated Nov. 5 to reflect eligibility for transitional medical benefits.

Those separating under the fiscal year 2014/15 VSP program are authorized transition benefits, including 180 days of premium-free TRICARE coverage for the separatee and any eligible family members. Emails and registered letters are currently being sent to all Airmen affected by these changes.

Airmen who applied for separation and are still within 180 days from separation should visit the nearest military ID card issuance facility to obtain the appropriate forms that allow for use of the benefits. Issuance facility locations are available through the RAPIDS site locator at

Information about filing TRICARE claims, including applicable deadlines, is available at

Airmen can contact the Air Force Total Force Service Center at 210-565-0102 for questions concerning benefit eligibility or ID card issuance.

To view the Transitional Assistance Management Program fact sheet, go to

The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Air Force or Department of Defense.