HomeSupportWorldwide Locator
Worldwide Locator

About the Worldwide Locator

The AIR FORCE WORLDWIDE LOCATOR handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense. All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force Worldwide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (active duty, Guard, Reserve and retired personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. 

The Worldwide Locator cannot redirect calls or provide phone numbers.

The following information is required to make a positive identification:    

Full name to include a middle initial, rank (officer/enlisted)

Social Security Number or Air Force serial number

Date of birth or an Air Force duty history including the place, month and year of assignments after June 1970

No assignment information is available prior to June 1970


Unofficial Request:
All unofficial requests must be in writing and fees may not be applicable.

Your request should state who you are looking for, your name, address and telephone number. Put this information in an envelope with a return address, proper postage affixed and the individual's name in the addressee portion of the envelope. Place this envelope in a larger envelope with your check or money order for $3.50 made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-R and mail to the locator address at HQ AFPC/DP1ORM, 550 C St West Ste 50, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, TX 78150. Your request constitutes consent to release of this information to the member.

Associated Fees:
A fee of $3.50, per individual request, is required from all personnel or businesses requesting addresses on military personnel. All requests must be in writing.

The World Wide Locator also provides a "Statement or Verification of Service". This applies to active duty Air Force personnel only. A fee of $5.20, per individual written request, is required.

Checks or money orders must be made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-R.

There is no fee for requesters that are either on active duty, serving in the Guard or Reserve, or individuals that are retired.

Official Request:
Department of Defense official requests may be handled over the phone, providing the requester gives their full name, rank, social security number, organization and purpose of the request. Failure to provide requested information will result in non-disclosure of requested information.

Federal or state government agency requests for information must be in pursuant to the Privacy Act as stated in the United States Code 552(a)(7), and the request must be in writing on official letterhead and signed by a section chief or higher.

Law enforcement agency requests must be in writing on the appropriate letterhead.
Systems Support Page
Emergency Preparedness


Customer service hours
Monday - Friday 
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CST
DSN: 665-2660

550 C St West
JBSA - Randolph, TX 78150


Veterans who separated or retired before Oct. 1, 2004, should contact the National Personnel Records Center for copies of their records. Please click the link below.

National Personnel Records Center