Chief Master Sergeant Eryn C. McElroy is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. The center executes programs covering the entire life cycle of military and civilian personnel for the Air Force and Space Force, including readiness, deployment, development and growth. As the senior enlisted leader, Chief McElroy serves as the primary advisor to the center's commanding general on the effective use of 2,500 military, civilian and contractor personnel, responsible for overseeing 1.7 million total force Airmen, Guardians, retirees and family members. In addition, the center manages the Air Expeditionary Force schedule and tracks the execution of delivering air, space, and cyberspace power to combatant commanders by ensuring units have the right number of skilled personnel in the proper grades and specialties to complete their missions.
Chief McElroy entered the Air Force in September 1996, graduating from the mental health apprentice course at Sheppard AFB, Texas in March 1997. She served in all aspects of Mental Health Services, to include being a certified substance abuse counselor, in addition to special duties as a Military Training Leader and Career Assistance Advisor. Chief McElroy attended the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy in residence, and has held various senior enlisted positions at the squadron, group and wing levels. Prior to assuming her current position, she was the 5th Bomb Wing Command Chief at Minot AFB, N.D.
2000 Airmen Leadership School, Vandenberg Air Force Base (AFB), Calif.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2007 Awarded International Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Certification
2009 Associate Degree, Mental Health Services, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Associate Degree, Education and Training Management, Community College of the Air Force
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management, Ashford University
2015 United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas
2016 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by distance learning
2017 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, JB Andrews, Md.
2018 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2019 Corporate Athlete Program, Human Performance Institute, Orlando, Fla.
1. September 1996 – November 1996, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
2. November 1996 – March 1997, Mental Health Technical Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. March 1997 – February 2002, Mental Health Technician, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. February 2002 – June 2005, Military Training Leader, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
5. June 2005 – May 2008, Mental Health Flight Chief, Columbus AFB, Miss.
6. May 2008 – January 2012, NCOIC, SERE Psychological Services, additional duty First Sergeant, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
7. January 2012 – July 2014, Career Assistance Advisor, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
8. July 2014 – June 2015, Student, Army Sergeant Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas
9. June 2015 – April 2016, Superintendent, Medical Operations Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
10. April 2016 – August 2017, Superintendent, 42nd Medical Group, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. August 2017 – July 2018, Superintendent, 341st Medical Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
12. July 2018 – October 2019, Command Chief, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
13. November 2019 – November 2020, Command Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. May 2021 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Personnel Center, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal, with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Humanitarian Service Medal
1999 First Term Airman of the Year, AFSA Chapter 1356
2000 John L. Levitow and Academic Award, Airman Leadership School
2000 Spirit of Hope Award, Air Force Space Command
2000 Airman of the Year, 2nd Air Force
2002 Junior Military Training Leader of the Year, 381st Training Group
2006 Mental Health Technician of the Year, Air Education and Training Command
2007 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 14th Medical Group
2009 Mental Health Technician of the Year, Air Education and Training Command
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 92nd Air Refueling Wing
2015 General Haines Award, United States Army Sergeant Major Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2015
(Current as of May 2021)