There are two supplemental promotion processes; in-system supplemental and the senior non-commissioned officer (SNCO) supplemental board.
In-System Supplemental (E5 - E6)
- The in-system supplemental is processed monthly in the Weighted Airman Promotion System (WAPS)
- Only applicable to Airmen whose weighable data only (i.e. Static closeout date (SCOD) report, Decorations, etc.) changes in their promotion file
- In-system supplemental consideration also applies to Airmen who test after initial selects have been made, deployed Airmen or anyone who was unable to test during their normal testing window
- Airmen who require consideration by a SNCO Supplemental Board cannot be considered during the in-system supplemental
The SNCO Supplemental Board (E7 - E9)
- Only applicable to promotion eligible Airmen to the grades of E7, E8, and E9 who either did not meet the initial promotion board or request consideration by a SNCO supplemental board
- This board is held twice a year (June and October)
- Airmen may request to meet the supplemental board if they believe they have a valid request according to AFI 36-2502, Enlisted Airman Promotion/Demotion Programs Table 2.6
- There are no automatic approvals for supplemental board consideration other than for those Airman who's most recent SCOD evaluation did not meet the Central Promotion Board or those who had a change evaluation approved through the Evaluation Record Appeal Board.
For more information, please review the knowledge article on myFSS.