Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
To establish, implement and maintain comprehensive support to Airmen, Guardians and their family members with special needs.
To facilitate an all-inclusive approach to maintain the highest quality of life for special needs family members, by considering and accommodating assignment coordination, family support information and referral, community support, medical, and special educational and legal services needs.
EFMP is a Department of Defense program offered by all branches of the military. It is a mandatory enrollment program for all active duty Airmen and Guardians with a special needs family member.
The Air Force Personnel Center EFMP Central Cell is comprised of three primary components along with a multi-faceted network of ancillary services. The three components include:
- EFMP-Medical (EFMP-M) provides screening, enrollment and assignment coordination through the Family Member Travel Screening (FMTS) process
- EFMP-Assignments (EFMP-A) considers the medical and educational needs of the family when the required services are not available at the Airman’s or Guardian’s current or projected assignment location
- EFMP-Family Support (EFMP-FS) coordinates on and off-base family support services based on each families’ needs assessments
Additional ancillary services provided include:
- Special Education (Ages 4-21)
- Educational and Developmental Intervention Services (EDIS) (Ages 0-3)
- Special Education Legal Services
- Health Care Benefits Liaison
- Respite Care Liaison
The EFMP Central Cell provides a one-stop resource for all EFMP families on a 24/7 basis. DoD ID cardholders and their families may obtain assistance and additional information by:
Phone: 1-800-525-0102, Option 7